Monday, September 1, 2008

One more blog

So I suppose the question would be, why another blog when I've already got an established one for my daily life? The answer would be that I want something dedicated to my craft, my sewing, knitting, paper arts, etc. The things that make me happy. The things that remove me from domesticity and my "real" job.

I'm not going to use this page to talk about family or any of those other things. This will be strictly creative. I dedicate it to my patron, Athena Ergane - Athena the worker woman. She was the patroness of weaving and other crafts in the Greek world, and I can think of no better patron that a Goddess known for craft, wisdom, and cunning. After all, it does require some canniness to solve problems that come up when trying to make a two-dimensional material form a three dimensional object.

Herewith begins the journey of a thousand and one stitches...

No comments: